We hosted a meeting last night at the Galphay Village Hall with Phil Beadnall of LN Communications and Ian Marr of Superfast North Yorkshire.
The purpose of this meeting was to sign up enough house holds for LN to view Galphay as a viable business proposition. We achieved this and are taking the next steps with LN Communications. If you wish to become part of this group please fill in an order form [ignore bank details] and return it to Phyll at Beckside.
You can download the orderform here or pick up a copy at Phyll.
The basic proposition from LN is:
One off fees
- Installation of a receiver at your home £90.00
- Purchase of specialist wireless router £50.00 may not be needed if you have non-BT kit
- Begin at £14.99 for 10mbps and go up to £24.99 for 30mbps
- You can keep your BT phone number and line rental
Contracted Period They require only a 30day lock-in. Ignore this section on their order form.
- UK-based – in fact Yorkshire based
- Mon- Fri 9-5pm
- Out of hours Monitoring and answer phone response
- 3day commitment to fix faults
We are making progress with the signed-up group of customers in Galphay and the hosts of the feeder signals. We hope to commence installation work by the end of May. If you want to be part of this you need to fill in the form and return it Phyl Johnson at Beckside.